~raising happy, healthy, confident girls in this crazy world~

Sunday, April 10, 2011

~Wrap It Up~

After a pretty rocky start for Week One in my 6 Week Interval Training, I am ready to make a big come back in Week Two!! Setting goals is important but don't let it get you down when certain goals aren't met. There's always tomorrow and I find it's best to live in the moment instead of thinking back of what didn't go your way. You are in charge of your happiness so let's create an awesome week for ourselves!

Speaking of creations...I am big on wrapping it up! Especially when it's the end of the week and time to refresh the fridge and pantry. Seems like any scraps can be mixed up and wrapped in a multi-grain/whole wheat tortilla and be super delish! I wish I were better at meal planning and mapped out my weekly menus and followed recipes but it's a busy life and my fitness takes priority and luckily eating well comes naturally to me. I hope some of my creations sparks some ideas for a quick meal in your house!




I pretty much always start by sauteing onions, garlic, peppers etc...then I add in any veggies I have: spinach, olives, tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms...




I like to cook a big serving of grains (brown rice, quinoa, couscous) early in the week and this is usually a day that I cook a nice family dinner. I use the grains for everything from salad to wraps through out the week for my lunches and as a side for our family dinners.




I LOVE LOVE LOVE my tortillas toasted. There's just something super satisfying about a crunch with lunch!




And then again sometimes I just pile on fresh ingredients on a toasted tortilla for a tasty snack!



What's your favorite thing to munch at lunch?

No comments: