~raising happy, healthy, confident girls in this crazy world~

Friday, April 22, 2011

~Week (Interval Training) Three~

Week Three: April 17-23
Check Out Week One here and week Two here!

SUN:
4-6 Mile Outdoor Run
3.5 Mile Run Pier Run Twice
Well today was the lil surfer girls birthday party so i'm sure glad I made the effort and got in a run today for tomorrow will be a well deserved rest day!

MON:
Rest Day
Good Day to rest after a party!


TUE:
Body Flow
Some kind of cardio for 30 minutes: Bike, Run or Elliptical
Today I was hoping to get a lil cardio in before and after Body Flow but the lil surfer girls slept in today!!!! So I actually doubled up on cardio to make up for all the birthday cake I've been eating since Sunday! I did my interval run on the treadmill for 25 minutes and then spent 30 minutes on the Elliptical reading The Glass Castle Whew! What a good day!

WED:
25 Minute Interval Training on Treadmill
~2 min warm up followed by 3 min light jog
~1 min sprint followed by 2 min recovery run
~1 min increased sprint follwed by 2 min recovery run
~1 min sprint followed by 2 min recovery run
~1 min increased sprint followed by 2 min recovery run
~1 minute super sprint slowly decreasing until at recovery run pace to light jog for 5 minutes
~2 min cool down

Don't forget to stretch before and after!

30 Minute Interval Strength Training
12.5lbs 12 reps, 15lbs 8 reps, and 17.5lbs 4 reps: I will follow for each:
~Dumbbell shoulder press:
~Dumbbell Butterfly
~Dumbbell Bicep Curl
~Overhead Tricep Extension
~Front Shoulder Raise reduce weight to 10 12.5 and 15
~Tricep Kickbacks
~Weight Assisted Chinups and Dips...70(12) 60(8) 50(4)
Today there were several women working with weights so I wasn't able to follow exactly my plan...I actally did 20 lbs instead for the last sets of a few exercises in the middle. Had a workout Buddy alongside too so was socializing too!! A very productive day and lots of fun!

20 Minute Steady Elliptical
Oh this is awesome! I actually did 25 minutes today thinking I was cutting it short from 30 minutes...bonus 5 min! Good thing cause there's still some Birthday Cake!


Thur:
Body Flow and Back/Abs
2.5 Mile Run
Well todays Pier Run didn't go so well. I'm sure it had a lot to do with my bolting out the door due to time. I did not stretch or warmup before hand...I know shame shame. I had done Body Flow this morning so I thought i could skip stretching...WRONG! I have been running more lately but I think tomorrow I may just do elliptical for cardio and take a break from running.

Fri:

25 Minute Interval Training on Treadmill
~2 min warm up followed by 3 min light jog
~1 min sprint followed by 2 min recovery run
~1 min increased sprint follwed by 2 min recovery run
~1 min sprint followed by 2 min recovery run
~1 min increased sprint followed by 2 min recovery run
~1 minute super sprint slowly decreasing until at recovery run pace to light
jog for 5 minutes
~2 min cool down

30 Minute Elliptical
Needed to take a break from running so just did a good elliptical workout instead.


30 Minute Interval Strength Training
~Squats: 50lbs 12reps, 70lbs 8reps, 90lbs 4 reps
~Hip Abductor: 80lbs 12reps, 95lbs 8reps, 110lbs 4 reps
~Hip Adductor: 80lbs 12reps, 95lbs 8reps, 110lbs 4 reps
~Standing Calf: 115lbs 12reps, 135lbs 8reps, 155lbs 4 reps
~Glute Machine: 50lbs 12reps, 60lbs 8reps, 70lbs 4 reps
~Leg Extension: 60lbs 12reps, 75lbs 8reps, 90lbs 4 reps
~Leg Curl: 50lbs 12reps, 60lbs 8reps, 70lbs 4 reps
~Walking Lunges: 30lbs 12reps, 40lbs 12reps, 50lbs 12 reps
Double lunges for all of 30lbs and half of 40
I bumped it up for the lower body training. You should work your muscles until fatigue and I just wasn't doing that until today! Oh yeah!

Sat:
Body Flow
20-30 Minutes of Cardio: Run or Bike




DISCLAIMER:
Please note that I am not a physician, dietitian or a fitness trainer. You should always consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program.

No comments: