~raising happy, healthy, confident girls in this crazy world~

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

~Bulkin' Up~

We all wanna bulk up, right? I mean I am on Week Two of my Interval Training and I am working out with lots of weights and some heavier than normal. Working out with weights will make your bulky, right??? WRONG! Unless you are pumping some testosterone with those weights, you will only achieve long, slender, lean muscle definition that will in turn BURN UP THE FAT! Yes it's true lifting weights burns more calories than cardio and will continue to burn long after the workout is complete.

But, weight loss shouldn't be your only focus in any training plan. I don't know about you but I wanna be fit and active well into my elderly years and if I can still do the splits that will just be bonus!

I BULKED up at the grocery store...I maybe went a little overboard and i wasn't even hungry! I just ran in to pick up some lunch supplies and a few bulk items when finally I had to stop myself because I was about to buy out the store!


Berry Granola, Almond Granola, Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds, Raisins, Cranberries, Choco Chips, and Cacao Powder
Wheat Flour, White Flour, Rolled Oats, Multi Grain Oats, Oat Bran, Wheat Germ, Pasta, and Rice




And it will all be enjoyed by my lovely lil family of four...and all of us eat our Oats up and some even lick the bowl clean!



YUMMY!



What is your favorite item to buy in bulk?


Can you still do the splits?

3 comments:

Elizabeth Dean said...

I tend to buy a lot of grains in bulk- they last a long time that when I find a good deal I buy a ton.

Lisa @ Eat.Pray.Run. said...

hello friend! i have been very absent on the blog scene the last few weeks. hoping to catch up sometime in the next few days. so, what do you use the cacao powder for?? we just watched the Food Matters documentary, and WHOA!! i'll be blogging about it for sure. if you haven't seen it, you definitely should. they talk about the amazing benefits of cacao. so i'm dying to know what you do with it! hugs and kisses to the girls!

Kila Bell said...

Oh I just love dark chocolate so any sweetness that I myself will bake is always used with straight up cacoa powder. But i LOVE to stir it into Oatmeal. I'll mix it with yogurt and some vanilla and microwave for a minute and yummy dessert for one! Use coconut oil with it for even more nutritional benefits! And you can use it in smoothies too for a nice twist!