~raising happy, healthy, confident girls in this crazy world~

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

~Introduction to an Interval~

I am going to focus the next 6 weeks on interval training. So this is more of a Focus than a Challenge. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend my 30 Day Whittle Your Middle Challenge because your core is the most essential part of your overall total body fitness. You can also check out my results here!

For the next SIX Weeks I will focus my fitness on Interval Training. I will incorporate interval exercises for both strength training and cardio.

Before I got hooked on Body Pump, I was partial to free weights. During Whittle Your Middle I focused on Circuit Machines. Too many years ago to mention, I did an interval plan with free weights. I really like this Interval Strength Training Plan and may incorporate it into my routine at some point but, I would like to go back to my weight training roots. If your are new to weights please alter your workout according to your fitness level. Interval Training at any level can only do your body good but it's super important to listen to your body and work at your fitness level.

The Plan:

From April 1 to May 13, 2011
I will commit to 2 days/week for Interval Strength & Cardio Training.
I will post my plan at the beginning of each week and will update periodically.
I will continue to Eat Well and share my Nutritional Guidelines.
I will document any changes in weight, BMI or body fat at the end of the plan.


Stay Tuned for full workout routines...my goal is to have my weekly goals set by Friday.


DISCLAIMER:
Please note that I am not a physician, dietitian or a fitness trainer. You should always consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program.

No comments: