~raising happy, healthy, confident girls in this crazy world~

Monday, June 27, 2011

~Fitness Goals~

We've all set our own fitness goals at some point in our lives. Mostly at the beginning of a new year. Some follow through while others lose motivation early on. Some plan to eat better, drink more water, work out more often etc...etc. We've all set our ideal goals whether it's that magic number on the scale or perfect size we see ourselves at. Sometimes even after we've achieved such goals we still aren't satisfied. One of the best fitness goals you can set is to complete some sort of race. The camaraderie in such an event is quite overwhelming and the sense of accomplishment is something that can never be taken away from you. After completing my first Triathlon, I was a changed woman and was already looking forward to the next event. THIS is a goal YOU can achieve. On one of my swim practices, I met a 70 year old woman on holiday in San Diego scoping out a good spot to swim as she was also training for her first Tri! I still haven't decided what distance I will participate in just yet and I probably need to decide pretty soon as this is said to be an event that sells out quickly. I have decided to begin the Olympic Distance 10 Week Training Plan. I am already questioning whether I can fit the workouts in this week or not but like I said before, getting started is always the most challenging part. Gotta love a plan that starts the first day OFF! although I did run 3 miles today ;-)

Ready or Not...It's GO Time!


1 comment:

Lisa @ Eat.Pray.Run. said...

WOOHOO!! we'll be cheering you on as you work towards this amazing goal! we believe in you!!