~raising happy, healthy, confident girls in this crazy world~

Thursday, October 14, 2010

~Tools of the Trade~

In April of this year I decided that I was going to participate in an all Women's Triathlon and six months later I'm facing the final countdown with just TWO DAYS to go! I am super stoked on the big day but I have to admit that the commitment I made to follow and stick with the 11 Week Training Program may be the bigger accomplishment...I'll find out on Sunday morning!
After having two babies back to back, I needed some major motivation in figuring out how to LOVE my new body...and this opportunity found me. I finally found a way to put myself FIRST and this is no easy task if you want to run a smooth happy household. But, by golly, I DID IT and IT FEELS GREAT! I have a feeling this is only the beginning and will turn into a family event...after the support from Craig and having him be such a huge part of this journey right up until I cross that finish line...I just know he will get the fever. It's all about scheduling the time into your daily, weekly, monthly, plans and treating it as your would any appointment...rescheduling if you miss.


I know I know many of you are thinking this is just crazy talk and maybe just to dive into something like this is/was...but the point is find something that drives you and STICK TO IT...one thing I promise is you will love yourself even more for doing so and your children will too...and your husband...your entire family and friends and and the love and support...wow...just wow! There's stuff out there to suit everyone's level...one I love is the Couch-to-5k Don't wait till the New Year to make this resolution and don't use the holidays as an excuse...JUST MOVE!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

so proud of you!!!!

allisonsaja said...

Great post. Awesome to blog and share about it! Your accomplishment in all aspects of your training are so inspiring. I know Sunday is going to be such a huge reward and crossing that finish line will be a high to remember! Congrats, rest well and here's to your feat!