~raising happy, healthy, confident girls in this crazy world~

Saturday, May 14, 2011

~Oats in a Dark Chocolate Dream~



Oats in a Jar...hmmm sounds mighty interesting to me. Oh look I have a pretty empty jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams...I guess I better give it a try. Oh WOW!! What a fantastic idea! YUM!



Not only do you end up with an easy clean up but you also get EVERY last drop of this dark chocolate dream. Adding the hot oatmeal just melted the chocolate peanut butter and gave me a sweet taste in every bite. Thanks to Fit Foodie Finds for so many amazing ideas and recipes!




I feed a family of four so i'll share my Oatty Oat Oats recipe with ya'll...

1 Cup of Multigrain Oats
1 Cup Oat Bran
1/4 Cup Flax Seeds
2 1/2 Cups Water
1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk

Bring to a Simmer/Slight Boil, Cover and Cook until most water is absorbed and mixture thickens about 10 minutes. Steel Cut Oats take much longer!

I'll do an assortment of different toppings or sometimes add some banana or blueberries into the mix before cooking. For the Oats in a Jar, I layered Bananas, Oatmeal, Peanut Flour Sauce, and then topped with raisins, banana, and peanut flour sauce. This made a larger serving of oatmeal than I usually eat. That's okay cause I had two lil surfer girls very interested in helping out AND just wait till you hear all about my NO CARBS after 5 O'clock commitment...Umph!

1 comment:

Lisa @ Eat.Pray.Run. said...

man, i need to try your recipe for the oats. and, i'd get me some of that dark chocolate dream stuff, but i'm afraid of how fast i'd eat it!!