~raising happy, healthy, confident girls in this crazy world~

Monday, May 16, 2011

~Low Carb Pizza! Say What??~


Just in case you missed my last post...I am following a ~Low Carb "Diet"...in moderation~


Ok so the only way to omit the carbs from pizza is to omit the dough...uh oh! This is exactly why this type of eating plan is only temporary. I will say however that my level of fullness hasn't exactly changed. After dinner, I am left feeling satisfied and only missing the taste of the carbs I have eliminated. I do wake up in the morning feeling very hungry and make sure I have a hefty serving of ~Oatty Oat Oats~ to help make up for my lack of carbs in the evening. I had a good friend ask me if I was worried that I would gain weight back and then some after all is said and done. Let me remind you that I am not depriving myself of the healthy carbs, I am just choosing to consume them before 5 o'clock. But, believe me this is only a short plan and I am very much looking forward to resuming my normal eating habits.

While my family gets to eat this...







I'm eating this...



Oven-Baked Cheese Crisps


Ingredients:

* 1 cup grated hard cheese (such as Parmesean) - NOT the dried powdery stuff

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 F.

Note on type of cheese: You can use any kind, really, but the results will be different. Hard cheeses, such as Parmesan, Romano, Asagio, etc, will make a crisp "shell," whereas cheddar will be more chewy and "lacey" (the fat separates out), though still firm. Softer cheeses such as mozzerella will not work well.

Toss cheese with any seasonings you'd like -- garlic powder (about half a teaspoon for a cup of cheese), hot pepper powder, even cinnamon. Or leave plain.

Pile 1 to 4 Tablespoons of cheese (depending on the size you want) on a baking sheet covered with a silicone mat or parchment paper oiled on both sides. Flatten the tops so they are in more or less an even pile. There should be at least two inches between smaller mounds, 4 inches between larger ones.



And then I just basically sauteed the pizza toppings in a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar and topped with cheese~



In the mix...Spinach, Red Bell, Portobello, Broccoli, Garlic, Onion, Garlic Herb Chicken Sausage...YUMMY

2 comments:

Lisa @ Eat.Pray.Run. said...

that sounds better than the pizza!! seriously! i think my family would dig that, especially Grace. she loves cheese! gotta get me a silpat for the cookie sheet.

Kila Bell said...

NO WAY!!! My favorite part of the pizza is the crust!!! WILLPOWER! UGH!